Onshore Forklift Operator/Equipment Operator
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
5 days ago
An Onshore Forklift Operator/Equipment Operator in the oil and gas industry is responsible for safely and efficiently operating forklifts and other heavy equipment to support onshore drilling, construction, and logistics operations. They play a critical role in ensuring the proper handling of materials, equipment, and logistics coordination while adhering to safety regulations and industry standards.
- Operate forklifts and other heavy equipment as required to lift, move, and position materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections to ensure equipment is in proper working condition and report any defects or issues.
Safety and Defensive Driving:
- Adhere to strict safety protocols, guidelines, and defensive driving practices to prevent accidents and ensure a safe work environment.
- Conduct safety checks and risk assessments before starting equipment operations.
- Manage and coordinate material handling and logistics operations efficiently, including loading and unloading of materials, inventory management, and equipment movement.
- Utilize logistics principles to optimize material flow and minimize downtime.
- Handle and position materials, machinery, and equipment precisely and securely.
- Use appropriate rigging and attachment techniques to ensure safe load handling.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment operations, including load details, equipment used, safety checks, and logistics activities.
- Report incidents, near-miss events, or equipment malfunctions promptly to supervisors.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on forklifts and equipment to ensure they operate efficiently.
- Coordinate with maintenance teams for any necessary repairs or servicing.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with team members, supervisors, and logistics personnel during operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional vocational training in heavy equipment operation.
- Valid certifications for forklift operation and heavy equipment operation.
- Prior experience in operating forklifts and heavy equipment in the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency in understanding and following safety regulations, defensive driving practices, and logistics operations.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks in various weather conditions and demanding onshore environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
Closing date: 31.10.2023