Onshore Equipment Operator/Heavy-Duty Driver
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
5 days ago
An Onshore Equipment Operator/Heavy-Duty Driver in the oil and gas industry is responsible for safely operating heavy equipment and vehicles, managing logistics operations, and performing lifting and rigging tasks. This role demands proficiency in defensive driving practices and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and efficiency of onshore operations.
- Operate a range of heavy equipment and vehicles, including trucks, forklifts, and specialized machinery, adhering to established safety protocols and guidelines.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections to ensure equipment is in proper working condition and report any defects or issues.
- Practice defensive driving techniques to ensure the safe transportation of equipment, materials, and personnel.
- Adhere to traffic regulations and industry-specific safety standards for onshore operations.
Lifting and Rigging:
- Safely control loads and equipment during lifting and rigging operations, utilizing appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Ensure secure load handling and attachment, preventing accidents and damage.
- Manage logistics operations efficiently, encompassing material handling, loading, unloading, inventory management, equipment movement, and coordination with other teams.
- Apply logistics principles to optimize material flow, reduce downtime, and enhance efficiency.
- Operate, maintain, and perform routine checks on equipment and machinery to ensure proper functioning.
- Coordinate with maintenance teams for necessary repairs and servicing.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of equipment operations, logistics activities, lifting and rigging procedures, equipment usage, and safety checks.
- Report incidents, near-miss events, or equipment malfunctions promptly to supervisors.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, supervisors, and logistics personnel to achieve operational goals and maintain a safe working environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional vocational training in heavy equipment operation.
- Valid certifications for forklift operation and heavy equipment operation.
- Prior experience in operating forklifts and heavy equipment in the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency in understanding and following safety regulations, defensive driving practices, and logistics operations.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks in various weather conditions and demanding onshore environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
Closing date: 31.10.2023