Manager Group: Procurement Job
o&l centre (pty) ltd - windhoek, namibia
5 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The main purpose of the Group Manager Procurement is to oversee and manage the Procure to Pay process of the organization
at group level . To oversee and ensure that the organization's purchasing and sourcing strategies align with its overall
business objectives while optimizing costs, mitigating risks, and maintaining high-quality standards .
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post Graduate Commerce Degree with specialization in Sourcing and/or Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience of which 5 years should have been on a management level.
- Experience in the FMCG industry (Preferably Food or Beverage).
- Professional knowledge of business factors effecting the supply chain, as well as latest trends in purchasing & supply chain management .
- Valid code 08 drivers license.
- Experience in leading high investment sourcing initiatives and projects would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of and exposure to international procurement and import would be an advantage.
- Design, own, manage and implement the O&L Group Procure to Pay strategy.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of the group-wide Procurement Framework.
- Develop and Manage Procurement Policies, Procedures, Processes, and systems.
- Promote and adhere to a compliance culture where risks, issues and the effectiveness of controls can openly be addressed, discussed, and challenged.
- Provide support, guidance, and implementation assistance to all Operating Companies in support of their individual strategic outputs.
- Develop Sustainable and Ethical Sourcing practices, integrating sustainability and ethical considerations into the procurement process. Work with suppliers who adhere to responsible business practices, such as environmental stewardship and fair labour standards.
- Ensure that all procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards. This includes anti-corruption measures and adherence to competition laws.
- Liaising with OPCO MDs and chairmen of the various Operating Companies.
- Prepare and present organizational Board Reports.
- Report to the Group Procurement Committee.
- Cost Savings and Cost Optimization: The primary objective is to identify cost-saving opportunities and implement strategies to optimize procurement processes. This involves negotiating favourable contracts, exploring bulk/group purchasing opportunities, and leveraging economies of scale.
- Cross-Functional Cost Optimization: Initiate projects that involve cross-functional collaboration to optimize costs across departments, identifying opportunities for group purchasing, and standardizing procurement practices.
Reporting & Forecasting
- Procurement Performance Metrics : Provide regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to procurement.
- Budget and Expenditure Reports : Report on the procurement budget, actual expenditures, and any variances.
- Supplier Management Reports : Include updates on supplier onboarding, supplier diversification, and supplier performance evaluations.
- Contract Management Reports : Provide information on the status of contracts, including their renewal and expiration dates, compliance with contract terms, and any issues or disputes related to contracts.
- Risk Management Reports : Report on identified procurement-related risks, their potential impact on the organization, and the mitigation strategies in place.
- Innovation & Special projects: Develop, Maintain, and Support Group procurement project/initiatives.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills .
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills .
- Planning, organizing, flexibility and adaptability skills .
- Attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Customer service orienta ted , influencing and negotiation skills .
- The ability to build a successful team and strategic relationships .
29 September 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3518