Store Manager Job
wum properties ltdt/a pnp - swakopmund, namibia
9 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To manage the overall operations of the store by applying sound business principles and service excellence to customers and consumers in order to ensure profitability of the store.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Management or Retail Management, or equivalent and at least 5 years retail managerial experience.
- A recognized Grade 12 Certificate and a minimum of 8 years retail experience of which 5 must be at management level.
- Code B Drivers License.
- Supermarket experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of budgetary control.
- Maximize sales turnover and gross profit through best practices.
- Minimize cost/ expenses and stock losses (shortages) through effective utilization of staff.
- Implement and maintain merchandising & QDVP4 standards in store.
- Accountable for the achievement of monthly budgeted targets.
- Maximize Gross Profits through effective buy-ins.
- Implement innovative business ideas that result into breakthrough targets.
- Monitor and promote operational and service standards constantly by practicing PnP Service Qualities.
- Attend to customers and their complaints.
- Build and maintain sound relationships with all internal and external stakeholders partnership.
- Maintain stores specific product ranges and product quality as per QDVP4 standards.
- Accountable for stock rotation according to FIFO method.
- See to it that no damaged or expired products are stocked.
- Manage stock levels and dormant stock.
- Manage stock holding days by utilizing roster order.
- Manage stock ordering and monitor delivery of stock.
- Oversee and manage all administrative duties of the store to ensure that they are completed within time limits and within company procedures.
- Oversee the scheduling and planning of staff working hours for the week and approve weekly schedules.
- Control store wages through appropriately monitoring and approving overtime and hours worked by staff.
- Run an inspection on the floor Mule train.
- Perform day end functions after cashiers are done.
- Manage the housekeeping of the store and adherence to Food safety audit standards.
- Enforce compliance of the Health & Safety policy to all staff members and internal visitors.
- Conduct health and safety inspections on a daily basis and report monthly to Regional Managerand Support Office.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Assertive communication
- Analytical ability /Business Analysis
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Sound Numerical Knowledge
- Leadership ability
- Influencing skills
Closing Date: 28 September 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3519