Operations Manager : Collection And Delivery
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
12 days ago
Description of position:
The responsibility of the Operations Manager is to provide planning, leadership, and coordination of the Collection and Delivery Functions. This includes the monitoring and analyzing of the operations efficiencies and cost effectiveness, as well as the actual day-to-day performance of the various operations.
Customer and Supplier Service
- Accountable for management of customer/supplier service level agreements
- Management of statutory requirements and relationships with state, semi state and privatized businesses that may have an impact on the company
- Maintaining open and frequent channels of communication with other branched / divisions within the company within your sphere of responsibility
HR / IR
- Management of staff reporting to him/her
- Managing staff expectations in respect of discipline and motivation
- Managing operational processes and ensuring all staff have access to policies and procedures of the company
- Ensure staff adhere to code of conduct and disciplinary processes and procedures
- Initiation or chairing of a hearing if and when required.
- Accountable for overall administration functions of this division such as daily KPI reports, submission of overtime schedules, and discrepancy reports
- Manage overall expenses to the company and ensuring cost saving
- Manage and ensure that staff training is done at the right time and that the necessary training has been done whether mandatory or soft skills.
- To adhere to all of company policies, procedures and SHE requirements.
- Direct and coordinates the companys operation functions.
- Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products and supplies.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operation, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, and quality management.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes and mixes, and carriers etc.
- Assist in developing and managing the operations budgets.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Promotes positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Work with the department managers and coordinate staff to execute five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Supervise and manage the work of operation personnel.
- Collaborate with the other departments to integrate logistics with the business systems and processes, such as accounting and HR.
- Responsible for handling all of operations related HR issues.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs and services.
- Identify and eliminates risk factors that can influence operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To build client relationships by acting as the interface between the client and operational teams within the company. The goal is to maintain the company's existing relationship with the clients, so that they will continue using the company for business.
- Planning and managing the full relationship between the business and its assigned clients.
- Engage in a variety of tasks including project management , coordination, strategic planning , relationship management , negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities.
- Identification of required corrective action needed to improve operational targets and enforcing measures to monitor results
- Promotion of team members skills and versatility through training
- Overseeing Management of administrative duties concerning
- MIS (Management Information Systems) submit Daily Operational Reports to Management as Business Tools.
- Integrate and Manage the Operational MIS (Management Information Systems) with day to day, weekly and monthly evaluation
Human resources i.e.
- Grade 12
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Transport Management related qualification
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the transport industry, with at least 5 years in management position.
- Essential to have vast hand on experience in the loading and offloading of break bulk goods on vehicle ranging from 1 Ton to interlinks.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans fluently.
- Availability to assist outside of normal working hours.
- Valid drivers license and with own transport.
Closing Date: 20.09.2023