Superintendent: Corporate Legal
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
12 days ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide internal legal advisory services on legal matters such as legislation, governance, commercial contracts, litigations, employee relations, dispute resolution, and other specific legal tasks and assist the Company Secretary with a wide range of Company / Group secretarial, corporate governance and administrative duties and ensuring that the Company / Group complies with relevant legislation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide legal advice to Swakop Uranium (SU) management and staff on relevant matters including matters related to Corporate Governance and business ethics.
- Create and maintain a legal framework for the activities of the Company with alignment to the companys Legal Framework.
- Advise and guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations and to mitigate and monitor legal related risks.
- Arrange, oversee and conduct the internal and external legal compliance audits as per the relevant company management procedure documents
- Ensure that employees adhere to the companys code of conduct and that staff are well informed on the ethical standards required by the company, professional rules, internal directives and legal standards that apply to the employees job description.
- Ensure that the company has an effective ethics programme in place and advise the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management on any deficiencies and need for improvement in the companys ethics programme.
- Maintain a confidential register of reported ethics violations and the outcome of investigations.
- Ensure the reviewing, settling and/or vetting of legal documents and internal commercial contracts, and in the process identify and address potential risks before execution, as well as ensure legal compliance and consistency with company policies and goals.
- Provide expert legal advice on dispute resolutions and labour/employee relations matters and ensure that the advice and support provided is of a high quality.
- Represent the company at Arbitration / Conciliation and / or similar matters
Requirements and experience:
- LLB Degree, BCom LLB or equivalent degree specialising in corporate law or related business law.
- 8 years experience in Corporate Law, in a large multi-national corporate environment of which 3 years should have been on a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in Corporate Law Administration / Labour / Governance
- Excellent command of English
- Proven track record of drafting, reviewing and editing agreements and contracts
- Sound experience in dealing with local and international laws and regulations (esp. Company laws)
- Membership with the Law Society of Namibia
- Admitted Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Namibia
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.