Group Head: Talent Investment & De&I(Mt4)- Group Human Capital And Citizenship
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
12 days ago
Group Head: Talent Investment & DE&I(MT4)- Group Human Capital and Citizenship
Listing reference: capgh_000203
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 27 September 2023
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Reporting directly to the Executive Officer: Human Capital & Citizenship and working with the Line Managers and other executive Leaders across the Group, this position drives the Talent Management and Leadership Development strategy in support of the needs of the business. This individual will develop and implement solutions that grow our talent pipeline, foster an engaged environment and increase organizational performance. The Group Talent and Leadership Manager will have tactical and strategic responsibility to drive and implement talent management solutions (processes, programs and tools) for the Group with measurable results. In developing these solutions, this position will collaborate with the Group Executive: Human Capital & Citizenship to ensure effective development, delivery and execution of core HC processes and relevant programs. This role must work closely and collaboratively within the HC Management team and the business. The role will further, through strong and professional thought leadership, provide strategic direction on talent, learning, career and leadership development across the group ensuring the organisation retains its talent and engages colleagues to deliver to deliver operational excellence for employees. It will be responsible for leading the cultural transformation of the organisation to ensure demonstrable values of open, inspired and dedication in addition to inclusivity, responsiveness and innovation.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1.TALENT MANAGEMENT (TM)
- Design and implementation of Talent Investment Framework
- Design and deploy an overall talent and pipeline build strategy forThe Group that is linked to the AsOne business strategy and strategic plan of the Group
- Partners with HR and business stakeholders to research and provide recommendations on talent solutions and/or initiatives to help support the AsOne business strategy/goals
- Prepare in liaison with Line Management and Group Executive: Human Capital & Citizenship timeous and quality submissions for the Group Talent Investment Board
- Analyse market trends and identify/anticipate future business talent needs
- Design and develop talent management measures and metrics
- Revamp the calibration process to drive greater consistency, clarity and differentiation of our talent
- Develop recruitment, selection, assimilation and retention strategies, policies and processes
- Participate in the development of the HC Strategy
- Create and manage talent metrics that enable the organization to identifyand provide solutions to key areas for improvement in how were managing,building and retaining key talent.
- Track metrics, report on trends and participate in joint action-planning to address negative trends
- Develop and implement talent management strategies and programs that enable outstanding organizational, team, employee and business performance
- Create frameworks, toolkits and communications that support our talent processes and initiatives
- Partner with the ELT / EMTto design a process for sharing talent across the Group Companies globally in a manner that enables us to effectively manage our internal pool of talent
- Expand the existing talent review process to provide a structure for ongoing management of key talent, embedding a talent lifecycle cultureinto the Group
- Select capability assessment tools in collaboration with OD Department, identify capability gaps and partner with HR BPs on personal development plans
- Incorporate Diversity and Inclusion into the talent management process and ongoing throughout the year as talent decisions are made
- Leverage and enhance existing career pathing tools and a career path strategy to impact associate engagement, retention and career growth
- Get to know key talent across the Group on a more personal level
- Develop succession strategy and process to ensure business continuity for key critical roles and key leadership positions as well as employee segments
- Facilitate and lead the succession planning process, includingcalibrations, and the identification of capability strengths and gapsrequired to deliver on business strategy
- Provide advise and guidance to Group and employees on succession planning strategy and process
- Assist with the nomination of successors, monitor and evaluate applicable development interventions and assist with the deployment of successors
- Responsible for making the necessary recommendation to the Group Talent Investment Board on effective succession planning.
- Analyze, prepare, implement and monitor succession plans
- Ensure that Executive and top talent succession planning policies, processes and execution are effected.
- Source, design and deliver a core leadership and management curriculum that differentiates in both content and delivery method according to core business needs, while emphasizing our values, core capabilities, competencies and behaviors required across the group.
- Lead and facilitate team development, change and other learning initiatives.
- Coach leaders and managers in terms of talent identification, succession planning and people development.
- Identify, support and build programs for High Potential Employees to ensure pipeline for succession management.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Overseeing the budget for training and development group wide
- Consistently evaluating training and development needs to ensure they are as up-to-date as possible and relevant to the needs of the organisation
- Provide input to the Employer Brand and Employee Value Proposition
- Develop and implement short and long-term engagement strategies via the deployment of surveys and initiatives.
- Lead the development and delivery of coaching and mentoring capability within the group, growing the current coaching offering and championing the benefits of coaching, mentoring and sponsorship.
- Provide input into the compilation and review of policies and guidelines
- Propose various applicable and leading edge retention interventions and strategies
- Ensure that the top talent is retained within the Company and that it is in line with the retention strategy
- Identify drivers of retention and implement mitigating solutions inpartnership with the HR BPs
5.TALENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES
- Responsible for the recruitment of the most suitable and qualified applicants on Leadership Development Programmes in liaison with the Group Talent Investment Board
- Compilation of diverse recruitment panels to ensure consistency and fairness in decision making
- Provide input as panel member
- Compilation and management of PDPs and relevant training interventions and progress reports.
- Advise and assistance for deployment of successful candidates into the Group in liaison with Group Talent Investment Board, Line Managers and People Development Manager, HR Business Partners and the Executive Officer: Human Capital and Citizenship
- Ensure that the recruitment process for Talent and key critical positions is conducted efficiently / effectively
- Ensure timely and correct communication and resolution of queries in line with stipulations as per the SLAs
- Timeously submission of quality reports
- Leverage external vendors as required to support the design and delivery of group-wide/customised talent programmes consistent with policies
- Measurement and reporting of progress against Talent strategy and plan and in line with Risk Management reports and recommendations
- Collaborate with other Centre of Excellence employees to ensure integrated and aligned outcomes in everything we do according to the HR Operating Model
- Partner with Business to design Talent strategies and programmes that are aligned with group-wide strategic objectives
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners on workforce planning and succession issues
- Consult with HR Business Partners when requested to help manage complex design or implementation issues related to Talent
- Provide guidance to the business to ensure talent management policies and guidelines / processes are adhered to within Business / Support Units and Group entities
- Work with Line Managers and HR BPs to identify key critical roles and employee segments and present to Group Talent Investment Board
- Identify drivers of retention and implement mitigating solutions in partnership with the HR BPs
- Networking and relationship building with potential talent on the market
8. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Support with development, management, and optimization of all deliverables related to the DE&I programme
- Work closely with the HC teams and leaders to ensure that the DEI agenda is successfully implemented in line with business objectives.
- Benchmark best practices and keep abreast of diversity-related trends and legislation.
- Promote and develop training programs to enhance employee understanding of inclusion.
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 8-10 years of HR experience and proven track record of designing and delivering talent management programs, consulting with key stakeholders to assess needs and offer recommendations/solutions to their challenges and facilitating team performance improvement and change initiatives
- Formal coaching education or certification and experience will be an advantage
- Experience with building talent management platforms
- A solid understanding of leadership competency/capability development
- Excellent client management consultative skills
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders and management Strong business acumen
- Ability to effectively interface with all level of employees and management on a professional level
- Can effectively navigate with change and shift gears comfortably.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and prioritize demands in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of integrated Talent Management Processes
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with a remote team
- Ability to think creatively, manage own time and take initiative to drive projects
- Ability to manage andfoster positive client and stakeholder relationships
- Proven project management skills
- Strong client-service and results orientation.
- Expected skills in the following core competencies: strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills, problem solving, tenacity and drive for results, organizational agility and dealing with ambiguity.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources/Industrial Psychology
- Honours degree will be an advantage
- Masters degree will be a further advantage