Banqueting Waitron Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - okahandja, namibia
25 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Undertake the preparation, setting up, service and clearing for Conference & Banqueting events across multiple sites and be required on occasions to work alone for such events.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12.
- Previous experience as a conference/banqueting waiter.
- Experience in a 4* or 5* hotel restaurant
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Help Banqueting co-ordinator in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
- Set up banquet room as requested by the supervisor to include glassware, service ware, linen.
- Attend roll call meetings before events kick off in order to learn function particulars, including hotel and guest expectations.
- Serve the beverage and food in the appropriate order and in tune with the expectation of the supervisor so as to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Abide by all corporate act, laws and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Replenish beverages when necessary, and check with guests to make sure they are satisfied.
- After the banquet, reset banquet room in accordance with the supervisors specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for other functions.
- Follow attendance rules and always go to work on a regular basis.
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned.
- To set up rooms as per clients requirements across various sites
- As part of a team or if working alone, ensure post event area has a full clean down & if appropriate the area is secured.
- Following training, set up all audio-visual equipment for events.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results.
12 September 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3492