Deputy Hod: Ooc
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Assist the Head of Department to manage all the Office of the Company (OOC) functions of Swakop Uranium (SU) to ensure the sustainable availability of IT, Admin & PR and Facilities & Transport resources and to provide technical advice on policies, guidelines and compliance with relevant regulations and standards to meet business requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Interpret and implement all statutory requirements, regulations and standards that impact SUs stakeholder engagement, communication & PR, CSI and sustainable development objectives.
- Assist with SUs stakeholder engagement between Namibia and China in terms of communication, PR, CSI and sustainable development strategies, standards, systems and monitoring mechanisms with international best practice and national priorities.
- Review, monitor, develop and promote the execution of corporate social investment programmes and SU Foundation and its activities in line with CGN requirements.
- Review, monitor, develop and promote SUs contribution to long-term social development in targeted communities through, for example, education and new skills training that sustain and diversify economic activities within the community.
- Monitor and document social performance changes for the annual report.
- Implement the Information Management strategy and philosophies to support the Companys business strategy and objectives.
- Identify areas of process optimization and implement best practices on IT systems required by Swakop Uranium.
- Provide specialist support when required advising on solutions to technical problems, to enhance effectiveness of operations.
- Provide input with regards to alignment of facilities and transport strategies with CGN group requirements.
- Provide guidance in terms of the maintenance of office infrastructure and busses maintenance.
- Provide input in preparation of the departments annual operational budget, by forecasting costs and monitor expenditure and cash flow on a regular basis against approved budget parameters.
- Assess and recommend implementation of most cost-effective processes in area of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement continual improvements, new technology and best practices, in order to increase cost effectiveness of operational processes, systems and support services.
- Compile and ensure submission of monthly financial reports and operational budget.
- Compile and submit reports on all activities of the Office of the Company.
Requirements and experience:
- Honours Degree in IT/ PR/Business Administration or related field.
- 10 years experience in an IT /PR / Business Administration or relevant field of which 3 years should have been in a senior management capacity.
- Project management and operational systems experience.
- Well experienced in Information technology environment.
- Experience in stakeholder engagements processes.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.