Night Reception Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinates a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12.
- Diploma in Hospitality
- Previous experience within a 4* or 5*Hotel and Restaurant practice.
- Computer Literacy : MS Office, MICROS, PMS system (Opera) Materials Control.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Must be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and help in making choices.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid outs, foreign currency exchange etc.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3450