Sustainability Manager Job
namibia breweries - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To oversee implementation of the Brew a Better World (BaBW) strategy across the business and provide support with implementation of initiatives and reporting and position Namibia Breweries Limited as a thought leader on key sustainability issues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Policy, Development, Business management, E ngineering or Finance degree or equivalent with at least 3-5 years proven track record in developing, driving and implementing sustainability strategy in large corporations / FMCG.
- Sound understanding of legislation relating to environmental sustainability.
- Fluency in English and preferably one additional local language.
- Drive awareness across the business on Namibia Breweries Limiteds commitments aligned to BaBW.
- Lead and oversee implementation of community initiatives on recycling, responsible drinking and water stewardship.
- Being a focal point from CA to work closely with Supply Chain (SC) and Legal regarding new regulation update and/or amendment of environmental law/ regulations.
- Lead all capacity building needed on the sustainability strategy and BaBW.
- Develop Namibia Breweries Limiteds MSME Economic Empowerment strategy, in partnership with other relevant departments and design an eco-system for the MSME Economic Empowerment strategy to be implemented in an integrated manner, with coordinated reporting.
- Provide strategic input and verified data for the Annual Sustainability Report including the Public Interest Commitment report to the Competition Commission.
- Ensure compliance to track, monitor and report of progress on BaBW initiative.
- Collaborate with regulatory and stakeholder engagement portfolio on Namibia Breweries Limited to provide a narrative on our BaBW commitments and progress.
- Align with MT and global stakeholders on Namibia Breweries Limiteds sustainability initiatives and targets.
- Manage the budget for the portfolio.
- Contribute to Namibia Breweries Limiteds cost-conscious mindset and cost saving initiatives.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship and partnership management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic/action orientation
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Research and strategy development
- Financial acumen
Closing date: 31 August 2023
Namibia Breweries Limited - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. Namibia Breweries Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3452