Demi Chef: Brewer And Butcher Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible to assist the CDP with the daily operation in the assigned kitchen to meet the expected food quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12.
- Formal Culinary Qualification - Certificate or Diploma in Food Production
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a 4 or 5 star kitchen operation
- Culinary certificate or diploma.
- Knowledgeable about HACCP and health regulations
- Computer Literacy : MS Office, MICROS, Materials Control.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Evaluates and solves problems encountered, such as substituting items on menus, reusing cooked food, and reducing excess waste and spoilage.
- Deliver products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency
- Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety or equipment issues
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food and proper storing and labelling
- In charge of preparing staff food daily
- Set up station properly and on time for each service period
- Make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
- Be able to assist in same day preparation and advance preparation for another station as instructed by the supervisor.
- Follow clean as you go policy and always keep work area clean.
- Do not leave your section without doing a final cleanliness check.
- All food items for storage must be covered, dated and labelled
- Proper food rotation first in first out
- After service switch off and clean oven tops and work areas as well as surfaces.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3456