Commi Chef: Brewer & Butcher Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the basic prep work in the kitchen section. They need to keep the section organized and tidy and follow the health and hygiene regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12.
- Culinary certificate or diploma.
- Minimum 2 years exposure on a commercial kitchen environment.
- Knowledgeable about HACCP and health regulations
- Computer Literacy : MS Office, MICROS, Materials Control.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss
- Ensures that all mise-en-place is completed prior to food service periods.
- Ensures that proper cooking methods are always adhered to.
- Ensure that all equipment being used is washed and cleaned after use.
- Ensures that all items of equipment, which has been used, are correctly stored after they have been cleaned.
- Attends training courses when nominated by the Executive Chef.
- Ensures that stores, refrigerators, and freezers in the department are always clean and tidy.
- Avoids unnecessary wastage
- Performs additional duties as required or as requested by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3457