Associate: Tax (Windhoek, Namibia)
Ernst & Young - Windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Learn more about EY
At EY, our purpose is Building a better working world.
The insights and quality services we provide help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. In a world thats changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our North Star guiding our more than 300,000 people providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. We help digital pioneers fight data piracy; guide governments through cash flow crises; unlock new medical treatments with data analytics; and pursue high quality audits to build trust in financial markets and business. In other words, working with entrepreneurs, companies, and entire countries to solve their most pressing challenges.
Primary purpose of this role
In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments to plan and comply accordingly. Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. The business world is in a state of flux. The EY Tax practice provides our clients with information, insights, services and solutions to help the enterprise navigate complexity and risks, drive better business decisions, understand tax policies and laws, and comply with the requirements and responsibilities. In this role, you will be required to provide clients with up to standard accounting, direct and indirect tax services and solutions, whilst ensuring excellent client service is provided to maintain and foster long term client relations.
What you will be doing
- Accounting processing and preparing Financial Statements.
- Provide clients with direct and indirect tax calculations and returns.
- Provide clients with outsourced payroll services.
What we require
- Relevant BCom Degree or Diploma in Accounting and/or Tax.
- Completed Articles with an accounting firm or registration with the Namibia Institute of Professional Accountants (NIPA) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years applicable experience.
- Strong familiarity of Namibian Tax legislation and Namibia Revenue Agency systems and reports.
- Literate in Word, Excel Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Ability to managing time-based deadlines.
- Client focused and ability to build relationships.
- Commitment to on-going self-development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated to teamwork.
What we offer
- Competative remuneration, including benefits.
- Additional paid leave days.
- Study opportunities including a generous amount of study leave.
- EY Mobility Programs, allowing employees to work around the world.
- An opportunity to obtain your MBA in Technology and Environmental Studies for free.
Click here for a sneak peak of your career at EY.
EY Namibia is an equal opportunity employer, therefore persons from previously disadvantaged groups and with disabilities are encouraged to apply.