Personal Assistant (Gl7)-Group Finance
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Personal Assistant (GL7)-Group Finance
Listing reference: capgh_000185
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 11 August 2023
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the Group Finance Director, helping him to manage and prioritise his time. Responsible for providing full secretarial assistance to the management team during absences to ensure a high level of service is maintained.This position will be of key importance within the organisation and the successful candidate must have previous secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise your workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner. Proactively contributing to the management of the Group Chief Financial Officer time and supporting him in his efforts to reach his targets and deliver on her strategic goals.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1.Strategic Diary Management and Meeting set-up
- Maintaining a complete and up to date computer diary system for the Group Chief Financial Officer.
- Managing availability of the Group Chief Financial Officer meeting schedule and staff sessions.
- Schedule, reschedule and/or cancel appointments (internal and external), conference calls and confirms meetings.
- Appointment reminders (for 1 2 days ahead).
- Take account of venue, travel and meeting intervals.
- Anticipate requirements in diary for preparation work and tasks other than meetings.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Organise inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
- Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the Group Chief Financial Officer to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the Group Chief Financial Officer meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the Group Chief Financial Officer by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the Group Chief Financial Officer is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the Group Chief Financial Officer .
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Group Chief Financial Officer , including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the Group Chief Financial Officer .
- Keep and retrieve files.
- Ensure guests meeting with the Group Chief Financial Officer are well taken care of.
- Provide a service that is in line with the Group Chief Financial Officer s work habits and preferences.
2.Preparation for meetings
- Prepare agenda and meeting documentation for meetings.
- Prepare reference material for meetings.
- Organize required catering and facilities in meeting rooms.
- Arrange technical support and equipment for meetings (incl. liaising with IT to set up the equipment).
- Organize and prepare venues for meetings.
3.Productive working relations
- Establish positive and productive working relations with the Group Chief Financial Officer and his related teams.
- Establish positive and productive working relations with other professional assistants in the company.
- Establish positive and productive working relations with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Understand the key corporate decisions, strategies and policies in order to understand and fully support the Group Chief Financial Officer s priorities.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to ensure the provision of a seamless service, jointly planning and sharing workload and supporting other team members to ensure customer needs are met.
- Answering telephones promptly and assisting callers in a friendly manner.
- Taking messages and channeling them to relevant individuals.
- Maintaining client and team contact lists.
5.Research and presentations
- All work is carried out with quality, high standard and timeliness, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Use initiative to support the Group Chief Financial Officer through research and providing first draft of letters, communications materials, presentations etc. Producing good quality presentations including Powerpoint and written briefings.
- Perform research and prepare briefing papers / reports for the Group Chief Financial Officer .
- To research, prepare and collate information for time critical reports, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and graphics for use by the Group Finance Director.
- Monitoring, managing and ordering all refreshments for the meeting rooms and Group Chief Financial Officer s office.
- Coordinating and processing expense claims on behalf of the Group Finance Director.
- Coordination of Group Chief Financial Officer Office invoice payments including checking, monitoring and processing invoicing for payment.
- Undertaking small level cost negotiations.
- Liaising with travel agents for flight bookings, accommodation and car hire, and other necessary travel requirements.
- Completing the relevant requisition forms, approvals, authorizations, and follow/chase approvals through the system.
- Ordering of Forex when necessary.
- Liaising with travel agents, hotels, etc.
- Collecting tickets, travel documentation, forex and ensuring that these are provided to the travelers timeously.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the Group Chief Financial Officer match his requirements.
- Ensuring the above is undertaken is the most value for money way.
8.Typing and filing
- Typing and formatting reports, engagement letters and proposals, saving them in appropriate folders.
- Taking and distributing minutes.
- Assisting in preparations of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Filing and maintaining a proper filing system (manually and/or electronically).
- Manage filing on a daily basis.
- Retrieve relevant information from filing systems (proactively before meetings and on request).
- Design and maintain the filing systems and ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- Define procedures for record retention, ensuring protection and security of files and records ensuring effective transfer of files and records.
- Record office expenditure and managing the budget.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
9.New employee/consultant coaching
- Introduce new staff members/consultants to area and leadership teams.
- Introduce new staff members/consultants to facilities in area.
10.Maintain staff lists, outlook mailing lists and phone books
- Regular update of Outlook mail lists in service area, together with contact details of individuals on Outlook.
- Communicate to IT department new hires in area and monitor inclusion on company phonebook.
11.General Office Management
- Attending to all administrative work and offering support to the whole division.
- Ordering, managing and ensuring proper use of stationery.
- Arranging for documents to be docexed, posted and couriered.
- Communicating relevant information to Executive Management and the whole division.
- Assist event coordinators in arranging venues for meetings, conferences and notify attendees.
- Ensure smooth running of the office.
- Keeping general work areas clean and tidy.
- Monitor printers and fax machines for confidential client information and distribute to relevant individuals.
- Organizing client lunches and parking for visitors.
- Proactively identify facility/building/infrastructure problems in assigned area; communicate to relevant individuals and follow through to resolution.
- Maintain a positive and productive attitude at work.
- Able to work to a demanding schedule and delivery deadlines and report at a senior level.
- Managing conflicting deadlines and being able to negotiate when deadlines conflict.
- Working with people
- Adhering to principles & values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of five years PA/secretarial experience at a senior / executive level.
- Ability to competently deal with situations in the Group Chief Financial Officer s absence, and should be confident enough to commission work on his behalf.
- Extensive knowledge of the company, know who key stakeholders (both external and internal) are and understanding the organizations aims and objectives.
- Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurised environment requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential).
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on ones feet.
- Shorthand and excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, ability to multi-task and organise others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the Group Chief Financial Officer s office.
- Sound interpersonal skills plus the ability to interact at all levels.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Bright, confident personality.
- Well presented.
- Highly personable.
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised.
- Fundamental to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Receiving and handling complex client complaints.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Ability to deliver a highly effective, efficient, professional and confidential service in a fast moving, competitive and changing environment.
- Grade 12 (25 points)
- Secretarial Diploma
- Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field would be preferable