Officer: Skills Trainer (Processing)
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Execute training courses and coach learners to impart required skills using standard designed assessment tools to assess learners competency and issues certificate of competency as applicable.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute skills development for competency per monthly and weekly training schedules.
- Prepare lesson plans to ensure a consistent approach to learning, in terms of the learning objectives, learning progression and time management.
- Check that the objective of the course is achieved by using various training methods and methodologies.
- Ensure adherence to relevant procedures and report any deviations from the procedure to management.
- Adhere to the principles of assessment in terms of fairness, reliability, authentic, current, sufficient, flexibility and validity.
- Adhere to assessment methodologies when conducting assessment and ensure it is appropriate for the performance and abilities to be assessed.
- Compliance to training and assessment with approved methodology and learning material
- Record all assessment decision and supporting evidence for enabling moderation and/or review purposes on the assessment outcome.
- Provide continuous feedback to the Learner(s) and ensure retraining or retesting is arranged within the required time lines.
- Conduct moderation on assessments as and when required.
- Plan and conduct participatory outcomes-based activities that challenge and support learners and encourage maximum participation.
- Respond to feedback received from learners and check for understanding through questioning and review quizzes.
- Provide training reports on predetermined targets for Processing skills development
- Design, develop and review of training material and when required in conjunction with the curriculum section.
- Conduct skills audit on the development needs of the employees and introduce training interventions to address competency /skills gap and improved performance.
- Support EUD with the implementation of post training coaching/ mentoring.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- Higher Certificate in Occupationally Directed Education Training Development Practices, NQF Level 5.
- 3 years skills facilitator experience in the Mining Industry with emphasis on Processing Plant.
- Experience in conducting generic processing site-specific induction, equipment operating training and safety training such as, Working at Heights, Confined Space and Permit to Work etc.
- Registered with NTA as an Assessor and Moderator.
- Basic Rigging training added advantage
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.
- Code C License added advantage