Senior Portfolio Manager (Mt3)-Portfolio Management: Capricorn Asset Management
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
Senior Portfolio Manager (MT3)-Portfolio Management: Capricorn Asset Management
Listing reference: capgh_000187
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 11 August 2023
The Senior portfolio manager is key in establishing and implementing strategies and processes to ensure superior risk adjusted return is achieved on all investment portfolios managed by Capricorn Asset Management. Work closely with the Executive Management Team to support the Chief Investment Officer to implement and deliver the approved strategy of CAM.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide strategic leadership and vision by coordinating the efforts of the portfolio management team in achieving consistent superior risk adjusted returns for all portfolios;
- Develop, maintain and implement the Investment philosophy
- Designing and implementing investment processes to create superior investment returns for portfolios exceeding portfolio benchmarks.
- Continuously monitor and compare performance against benchmarks;
- Manages resources and ensure alignment to culture in order to achieve the goal of becoming one of the best investment managers with top investment performance and excellent client service;
- Takes a leadership role in decision making on investments within CAM;
- Assisting in formulating CAM House view;
- Responsible to implement CAM House view;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the asset management system(s), including procedures and processes;
- Responsible to the actively assist in management of the following all mandates
- Monitor Portfolio Valuations
- Seek and Identify investment opportunities and trading strategies that are in line with the applicable risk appetite
- Assessment of and manage cash flow requirements of portfolios
- Monitor performances and reporting on portfolios
- Maintain management and portfolio information systems
- Calculate various risk statistics
- Identify and analyze the areas of potential liquidity, market and credit risk
- Implement alignment of portfolios
- Manage withholding tax requirements of portfolios
- Conduct statistical and qualitative analysis and research;
- Financial Modeling and construction and maintenance of model portfolios;
- Conductresearch covering all major asset classes
- Conduct specific security research where required
- Produce monthly research reports
- Monitor developments in securities markets
- Monitor economic developments locally, regionally and internationally
- Monitor and investigate various market scenarios and anomalies
- Investigate liquidity, credit and counterparty risks of various investments
- Investigate suitability and alternatives for portfolios
- Forecasting and monitoring market trends
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance of all portfolios
- Ensure compliance to mandates
- Ensure compliance to CAM Credit limits
- Ensure compliance with CAM House view on all portfolios
- Ensure compliance with CAM dealing policy and dealer limits
Dealing and Trading
- Effective and accurate execution of trades
- Manage settlement risk
- Adherence to dealing policy
- Ensure correct pricing of all securities and portfolios;
- Ensure cost reduction of trading
- Ensure the required risk parameters, reviews, compliance and monitoring processes are in place to maintain quality portfolios and provide for prudent investment decision making;
- Analyse and report on outcomes of risk analysis;
- Build a culture of organizational excellence by providing strategic leadership and vision to colleagues;
- Promote opportunities for professional growth, development and effective succession planning;
- Ensure that working environment contributes to improving staff morale and increased productivity. Actively promote teamwork in company and department
- Assist sales teams when required
- Ensure correctness, timeliness of all communication including client reporting, media feeds and other data users
- Get first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services;
- Acts with customers in mind;
- Provide advice and guidance to Wealth Managers in the sale of products and services.
This role serves on the following committees:
- CAM Economic Committee
- CAM Performance and Attribution Committee
- CAM Credit Committee
- CAM Asset Allocation Committee
- Strong leadership skills with ability to interact and influence at all levels
- Highly motivated individual with a real passion for investing and building an investment function.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong people management skills. Skilled at managing teams, and influencing them to achieve objectives.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Exceptional Planning and organizing skills
- Sound time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally to the firm
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills as well as problem solving skills
- Behave in an ethical and a steadfast, professional manner. Trustworthy and high level of integrity
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to assimilate new developments and large amounts of information and to synthesise these.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, works well in an entrepreneurial culture
- Strong aptitude for translating complex valuation subject matter into pragmatic investment discussions
- Comprehension of the strengths, weaknesses and nuances of different valuation and investing methodologies
- Well organized, dynamic and innovative
- Self-confidence, drive and tenacity
- An interest in current affairs, and an appreciation of their impact on the market
- Able to assume high level of responsibility
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- High energy levels and motivational abilities
- Positive attitude towards change
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at unbiased analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesnt stop at the first answers
- Ability to take initiative in designing and improving investment processes and to undertake and complete projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to understand the risks of potential investments through market intelligence, client interviews, business and financial plans and recommending investment decisions on that basis
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can coherently convey a range of possible outcomes and their probabilities; can create competitive and breakthrough strategic and plans.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- 6 years specific investment experience within the investment management industry.
- A proven track record of successful investment with substantial knowledge of portfolio management.
- Superior understanding and proficiency in asset allocation
- Knowledge of all types of investments and markets.
- In depth experience/knowledge of Namibian and South African investment market.
- International experience is a plus.
- Understanding of investment risks.
- Strong understanding of valuation, accounting, and economic principles across most industries
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree with a Major in finance, economics, accounting, statistics, or related field;
- Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) Charter Holder is preferred;