Head Of It (Corporate It)
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The Head of IT is a senior executive responsible for overseeing the organization's technology operations. They align IT strategies with business objectives and ensure the security and efficiency of IT systems. Leading IT teams, they make informed technology decisions and drive digital transformation within the organization.
- Ensure the business of the company is facilitated through the use of technology for the delivery of superior customer service in line with corporate objectives and goals.
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations through deployment of leading edge technologies that efficiently and effectively support the business.
- Maximize competitive advantage through strict adherence to policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Champions the annual development/review of Business Requirement Analysis, IT Strategic Planning, IT Technology Architecture Planning, IT Process Review and Development, Capacity Planning, Risk Mitigation Planning, High Availability Planning, and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Design Technology Architecture and Database that enables business agility.
- Manage Office Automation Systems and Network design/Communications.
- Plan and implement/update all technology projects/Strategies.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained in line with institutional standards
- Co-ordinate the development of PC based applications to support business products consistent in line with institutional procedures and best practices
- Ensure adequate and relevant contingency and disaster recovery plans are maintained and periodically tested
- Adopting new processes, roles and skills for the IS function, by focusing on delivering services, rather than software to the business
- Structuring IT to serve complex, global business organizations by implementing technological and management approaches that permit the benefits of globalization and localization to be realized simultaneously.
- Safeguarding the organization's information assets, by keeping abreast of new threats, such as service attacks and spamming
- Monitor level of IT awareness and regular delivery of effective IT training for IT users and business users
- University Degree in Computer Science or Business Studies
- Advanced Degree or Professional Qualifications in the related field would be an advantage.
- 10 Years demonstrated in a senior technical role with proven managerial experience.
- Proven project management skills
- Formal training in Banking Law/Regulations
Closing date : 31 August 2023