Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
A Company Secretary is a crucial role within an organization, responsible for ensuring that the company complies with legal and regulatory requirements and operates efficiently.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Overseeing and ensuring effectiveness of the Corporate Regulatory compliance
- Provide compliance management information to the Board and senior management
- Providing compliance advice and regulatory guidance to senior management and heads of departments where appropriate in relation to inspections, interpretation of rules, rule changes and investigations
- Developing and implementing a regulatory framework and a tracking mechanism for identifying regulatory risks in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant company rulebooks and manuals
- Develop policies, processes and procedures for managing reputational risks within the company
- Monitor, analyse and report all reputational risk incidences and the companys perception among stakeholders to determine root causes and consequences of such risk incidences
- Ensure that prompt and appropriate corrective measures are taken in the event of any adverse reputational risk
- Achieve Top 2 governance rating for the company in GSE/SEC etc.
- Coordinate board meetings and ensure timely reporting on board deliverables and matters arising
- Service ranking for Company Secretariat function measured by the Board, EXCO
- Conduct periodic qualitative and quantitative market research and analysis on the companys corporate image.
- Perform other duties as assigned to by the Board
- Minimum of 12 years post qualification experience in Legal within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 8 must have been in the Corporate Sector and 5 years must have been at a senior management level.
- A good first degree in Law (LLB,BL)
Closing Date: 31/08/2023