national prevention coordinator (grade 5) | external client
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
Purpose of this Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the integrated responses for HIV/AIDS prevention within the Health Sector in relation to the vision, mission, and objectives of the Ministry of Health and Social Services, Directorate of Special Programmes. This is a temporary role.
- Advise on all technical aspects relating to prevention of HIV/AIDS and integration of prevention services within the Directorate of Special Programs and ensuring equity of services for all populations.
- Support drafting of policy documents in relation to prevention of HIV/AIDS and ensuring tailored and appropriate services for priority and key populations.
- Support optimal linkage to other prevention services nation wide
- Identify topics for operational research. Render technical assistance on the compilation of communication media for the dissemination of information, education materials and training materials for health workers in the area of HIV prevention.
- Responsible for devising programs and plans for the clinical management of prevention services including PrEP, Condoms, VMMC, GBV within the Health Sector and as they are linked to other relevant services such as ART and STIs.
- Management of resources:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating HIV/AIDS prevention programs and reporting to the Chief Medical Officer on a monthly basis.
- Identify HIV/AIDS prevention programs logistic supply needs, such as mobilization of resources, procurement, distribution and stock control, and communicate needs to the Pharmaceutical Division.
- Spearhead monthly meetings and technical working group meetings on issues pertaining to PrEP, Condoms and Lubricants, VMMC related supplies as well as programming relevant for priority and key populations.
- Provide Chief Medical Officer with relevant factual information to compile budgets for the HIV/AIDS prevention response within the health sector.
- Carry out any lawful and reasonable instruction as directed by the reporting line.
Were looking for someone with the following experience and qualification:
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, with a specialisation in HIV/AIDS and STIs, or an equivalent Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in HIV/AIDS prevention programming in Namibia.
- Experience in the development of Prevention clinical guidelines.
- Experience working with priority and key populations.
- Experience in health budget development, planning, Country Operational Plan (COP) and engaging with stakeholders.
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively coordinate activities and meet deadlines.
Experience in research and protocol development will be an added advantage.
Were looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the MOHSS.
- Effective time management.
- Energy and willingness.
- Exceptional command of the English language.
Leadership, code of conduct, integrity, and self-development.
All applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of educational qualifications. All foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the Namibia Qualification Authority (NQA).
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.