chief engineering officer
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
IN YOUR ROLE AS CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Controls all engineering activities onboard the vessel whilst at sea by supervising the team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery and auxiliaries, mining equipment and treatment plant, and deck machinery.
- Co-ordinates shutdowns by planning maintenance to be completed and manages planned maintenance programme.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes and systems.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Manages and develops human resources.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- NQF 6 with relevant Maritime study qualifications
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency Chief Engineering unlimited (>3000kW)
- Eight years relevant experience which includes 5 years minimum at a 2nd Engineers level on a vessel >3000kW
- Marine mining experience would be an advantage
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Excellent planning, organising and controlling skills
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills Strong leadership skills with high ethical standards and should be self-motivated
Women are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 25 AUGUST 2023