Team Leader: Plant (Day-Shift)
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To co-ordinate and control operational activities of the area of responsibility in the plant to achieve efficiencies and throughput quality targets.
Key Performance Areas:
- Co-ordinate operations in area of responsibility to achieve throughput efficiency and production targets.
- Plan and co-ordinate routine servicing priorities in conjunction with Engineering maintenance section.
- Ensure optimum throughput by checking equipment at regular intervals in area of responsibility.
- Monitor area production performance and initiate changes to balance and optimise process throughput as per schedule.
- Adjust settings continuously to maintain optimal operation of the plant, paying attention to set parameters.
- Ensure that all subordinates are briefed, understand and adhere to safety, risks and all relevant operating procedures and initiate corrective action when disregarded.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of emergency actions and ensure that correct procedures are followed.
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem-solving to prevent delays and maintain throughput targets.
- Constantly monitor the plant/system readings and data to ensure potential problems are detected in due time.
- Plan and ensure correct preparation of plant equipment and processes for scheduled maintenance.
- Monitor production of uranium ore product and implement corrective action to maintain process efficiencies within set parameters.
- Complete detailed report on plant operations and status of each shift and ensure effective handovers take place at shift changes.
- Co-ordinate and interact with the Maintenance Team Leaders to determine maintenance priorities.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and regulations during shutdowns and planned maintenance.
- Participate in the scheduling of maintenance plans and liaise with the relevant sections to ensure optimization of resources.
- Assist line management with testing and commissioning of equipment / processes in area.
- Keep record of time and attendance.
- Provide input in preparation of annual budget and budget revisions as and when required.
- Provide input and continuous improvement suggestions to all relevant work instructions and standard operating procedures.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- 7 Years experience in a Mining Processing plant of which 3 years should have been on a supervisory level.
- Sound experience in operating procedures relating to the processing plant environment.
- Experience in a Uranium Processing Plant would be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.