Controller Debtors Job
namibia dairies (pty)ltd - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Manage the Companies Credit Facilities Terms & Conditions. This role plays a major role in maximizing revenue & mitigating credit risk. Collaboration with our Sales & Logistics departments to implement an effective credit control system. Great interaction with customers to ensure their needs are met and their credit fits in with the current risk portfolio.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, with 2-3 years experience in Accounts Receivable; OR Grade 12 with 5 years experience in more than one relevant job in Accounts Receivable.
- Experience in a FMCG environment.
- SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Ensure prompt payments are received from Key Accounts & cleared correctly accordingly to their Remittances, received.
- Key account Remittances to be emailed on time to ensure upload of remittance onto SAP.
- Investigate any variances on allocated Key Accounts & ensure claims are processed & cleared on time.
- Opening of new store accounts for the Key Accounts as allocated.
- Manage & Process invalid price claims for the Key Accounts as allocated.
- Ensure all payments had been cleared.
- Pull open items from SAP per Key Account & Reconcile.
- Reconciling: Identify/classify the amounts making up the outstanding Total. For example Invoices due next payment period, outstanding claims, unused credits, un-paid invoices & last-day deliveries.
- All recons are to be done monthly on the 13th day of each month.
- Management of External Accounts & Sundry Accounts
- Process and clear remittances of accounts.
- Ensure that outstanding invoices are sent to customers after clearing of payment to ensure 30 days after the date of statement payments.
- Send out SAP statements to ensure prompt payments - 30 days from date of statement.
- Manage payment terms and credit limits.
- Perform prompt processing of claims on external accounts to assist correct calculation of daily cash flow.
- Manage & Process invalid price claims for the External Accounts as allocated.
- Clear Debit/Credit where needed.
- Ensure that daily banks are cleared by 11 am Daily
- Opening of new accounts for the External Accounts as allocated
- Ensure prompt credits from customer claims are processed within 72 hours of delivery.
- Ensure due credits from customer claims and invoices are correctly and accurately processed.
- Follow-up with Sales Reps on a daily basis on outstanding ullage claims.
- Verify price claims with Key Accounts Manager to identify valid & invalid price claims.
- Process credits on Valid Price Claims.
- Collect back payments on In-Valid Claims.
- Compile Daily outstanding POD list for Windhoek Depot plus send it to the Debtor's Accountant & Depot
- Compile Weekly outstanding POD list for all outside Depots including the agencies plus sending it to Debtors Accountant & relevant Depot/Agency.
- Compile the Weekly Credit Note Audit check. Send out to relevant Depot/Agency and get signed off by Depot/Agency manager.
- Attend to related queries accurately and on time.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer services.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Written communication
- Proactive thinking
- Learning Ability
- Problem Solving
- Technical/professional expertise
- Assertive communication
- Attention to detail
- Numerical skills
Closing date: 16 August 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3413