Repairs And Maintenance Manager Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - namibia
2 months ago
LOCATION: Mokuti Etosha
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To ensure that the hotel facility/property is maintained to the highest standards of dcor and repair and that all equipment and facilities are maintained in excellent working order while ensuring the efficient use of light, heat, water and power while minimising the related costs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- N6 Trade Qualifications in Electrical, Plumbing and Refrigeration Maintenance
- 5 Years practical experience as a maintenance manager in a hotel/lodge environment exceeding 100 bedrooms
- Computer literate with effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Strong Leadership Skills
- To develop and implement a comprehensive Preventative Maintenance Program for all equipment in and around the hotel property, including the kitchen and laundry.
- To advise management on all matters of potential improvements to the operation
- To assume full charge of building maintenance and guest room and public area rehabilitation.
- To establish a regular planned guest room servicing program in accordance with company standards.
- To prepare the annual and revised business plan in close operation with the Financial Controller and Management, commensurate with operational requirements of the property.
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management.
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects.
- To establish a well organised maintenance store and keep close control on consumption of material, stores and inventory control.
- To assume full responsibility for the cost effective operation of the Maintenance Department.
- To control and monitor closely all utility consumption, and to ensure optimum energy usage by all departments in the hotel.
- To observe energy efficiency of all equipment, forwarding to management suggestions for replacement of energy inefficient equipment and to report to all management, all wastage of energy.
- To make sure that all documents related to the operation of the department are being kept up to date, and that all records are correctly maintained and filed
- To assume full responsibility for the preparation and timely submittal of all reports.
- To maintain a comprehensive library of manuals and parts lists of all operational equipment, as well as a complete set of up to date drawings of all areas and systems.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements,
- Plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members, provide
Mentoring, Coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve
team member performance,
- To select and recruit, in conjunction with the Human Resources Department, suitable employees for the operation.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To provide detailed training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- To ensure all employees are fully conversant with the hotel's services and facilities.
- Ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department's Operations Manual.
- Ensure effective Employee Performance Management
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- To be fully aware of and adhere of health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures.
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 15 August 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3381