Artisan: Fitter & Turner
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely perform maintenance fitting tasks in accordance with set standards, procedures and specifications, to achieve optimum equipment availability and process efficiency objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform skilled technical work within the parameters of the trade, according to standards, procedures and specifications, on all machinery and equipment in area of responsibility.
- Perform ongoing diagnoses and fault-finding/running inspections on all equipment and machinery in area of responsibility.
- Diagnose, maintain, adjust, and repair faults and overhaul equipment and machinery on site, in order to maximize the availability of equipment and machinery, and ensure that the standard is maintained as per related schedules.
- Schedule maintenance activities.
- Provide proactive advice and guidance on the effective repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Identify and interpret best practice guidelines, plans and implement accordingly.
- Analyze trends and implement continuous improvements.
- Keep line fully informed of all work performed in area of responsibility, and timeously report any deviations so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Comply to Company job safety and good housekeeping standards/practices at all times.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with 20 points over 5 subjects with a Recognised Trade Diploma/ Certificate in Fitting and Turning.
- 3 years post trade experience as a Fitter in a maintenance environment.
- Experience in a plant/mining maintenance environment.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.