Night Auditor Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - namibia
2 months ago
Department : Front Office
LOCATION: MOKUTI ETOSHA
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics. Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Accounting
- 1 Year Front Desk Supervisory experience in a 4* star establishment
- Opera and Micros knowledge will be an added advantage
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Monitors the current status of vouchers, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the End of day / Night Audit Checklist.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Keep daily guest request log sheet and share guest request and updates status as they return from other departments.
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 9 August 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3378