Account Executive / New Business Development
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
Source and acquire new clients for the Company, with specific focus on selling all Local and Cross Border freight distribution that fit in with the companies overall business strategy.
- Researching for potential new cold call clients.
- Cold calling potential new clients.
- Utilizing his/her existing network of contacts to schedule sales calls.
- Utilize network of transportation clients to cross-sell other Supply Chain services.
- Compile visit schedules.
- Report on visits and KPIs.
- Constantly promoting the company through positive public relations.
- After Sales Service (following up and closing the loop).
- Makes sure there is flow of information to and from the customer and the companies internal departments (project engineering, operations, customer credit management).
- Monitoring payment entry (invoice management).
- Actively supports the innovation process e.g. As "Sensor" especially in priority markets.
- Awareness and observation of industry competitors to and maintain competitive advantage.
- Accountable for management of customer service level agreements
- Management of statutory requirements and relationships with state, semi state and privatized businesses that may have an impact on the company.
- Maintaining open and frequent channels of communication with other branches / divisions within the company within your sphere of responsibility.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with freight agents, third party carriers, suppliers and operational stakeholders within scope of job requirements.
- Responsible for the constant re-evaluation and management of customer agreements.
- To build client relationships by acting as the interface between the client and operational teams within the company. The goal is to maintain the company's existing relationship with the clients, so that they will continue using the company for business.
- Responsible for working with clients to identify their needs and to work out how the company can best meet and exceed those requirements.
- Engage in a variety of tasks including project management , coordination, strategic planning , relationship management , negotiation, and innovative development of opportunities.
- Responsible to identify potential new clients and business opportunities and to persuade new customers to place business with the company.
- Identification of required corrective action needed to improve operational targets and enforcing measures to monitor results.
- Responsible for reporting to senior management, customers and suppliers with regards to service or product failure.
Safety and Security
- Ensure that Business Unit adhere to prescribed Regulatory Stipulations such as OHS, Safety and Security, company policies and procedure.
- Tertiary Qualification
- 3-5 years experience in a KAM function
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while seeking new opportunities
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
- Management of staff
- Competent in MS Office
- Report Writing
- Drafting of Tenders
- Applicant must have a valid drivers license (BE).
Closing Date: 31/07/2023