Personal Assistant To The Md Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
Department : Finance & Administration
Line Manager : Frank Kernstock
Purpose of the position
- To manage the office of the Managing Director and all it's associated communications by providing and facilitating administrative functions and day to day public relation requirements to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the MD's office
- Qualification:Min Grade 12 plus Higher Certificate
- Experience:Min 3 Years in a comparable position
- Technical:MS Office and SAP
- The job holder is required to prepare written material as part of the job, but this will not extend to the composition of complex reports
- Emotional intelligence
- Pro-active thinking
- Working within systems and processes
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising
KEY FOCUS AREAS
Administrative and support functions
- Act as the initial point of contact assessing priorities and re-directing calls, enquiries and requests as necessary
- Promotes good public relations of MD's office and adminiser and promotes Corporate Identity
- Prepare and serve refreshments
- Manage the Director's diary and appointments, ensuring effective use of time and preperation of papers and information in advance
- Prepare and/or draft correspondence for the Director, as required: letters and emails, edit documents in preperation of presentations and compilation of board reports
- Prepares records such as agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions for corporate meetings.
- Liaise with head office with respect to CSI activities
- Manage electronic and paper based filing systems
- Administrative support to the rest of SLT
- Compile and issue monthly MD Newsletter
- Administer and coordinate meetings between the MD's office and other departments as well as stakeholders
- Administer travel and accomodation arrangements for Senior Management as per company policy
- Plan, schedule and organise special events
- Attends to all internal and external queries directed to the Managing Director's office
Orgainising of Work Visas/Permits/Travel Documentation for Employees
- Prepare and Arrange for work visas / permits / passports for Kraatz employees
- Communicate and coordinate with agency for completion of visas / permits / passports
Administer Travel and accomodation for international and domestic engagements of SLT's
- Liase with Travel Agents and make relevant flight, car and accomodation booking for business trips
- Ensure all relevant documentation is in order before the commencement of a business trip
Process Purchase Requisitions on SAP
- Receive quotations and ensure it is signed before processing
- Process PR's & PO on SAP
- Supervise the Cleaner and Receptionist and ensure that he/she completes all tasks according to standard.
- Give clear instructions to the Cleaner on how to execute all cleaning duties expected.
- Approve leave applications of subordinates.
- Give clear instructions to the Receptionist on how to execute all reception duties expected.
General and Ad hoc Duties
- Keep confidential documents and trade secrets of the Company secure.
- Relief and assist in all areas during periods of absence or crisis.
- Attend to any reasonable request made by SLT and GLT.
- Report, and where possible handle, cases of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or contravention of regulations.
- Attend meetings, training courses, workshops or seminars as required.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures and maintain Company standards.
- Line Manager/Supervisor:Managing Director
- Position: Personal Assistant
- Reporting Position(s):Cleaner; Receptionist
- Walvis Bay head office
The incumbent will be responsible for any additional work which is reasonable and within the position environment from time to time.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3382