Senior Buyer – Building Materials
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
4 months ago
APS is searching for a senior buyer to become part of our client's well-established company in Windhoek, Namibia. The senior buyer will be responsible for managing and coordinating the purchasing activities within the company. You will play a critical role in ensuring that the company obtains the necessary goods and services for its operations at the best possible price, quality, and delivery terms.
- Strategic sourcing: Develop and implement sourcing strategies to identify and select suppliers, negotiate contracts, and establish long-term partnerships.
- Supplier management: Evaluate and manage supplier performance, including monitoring quality, delivery, and pricing. Address any issues or concerns promptly.
- Purchase planning: Analyze inventory needs, forecast demand, and plan procurement activities accordingly to ensure sufficient stock levels and prevent shortages.
- Cost optimization: Conduct cost analysis, market research, and price negotiations to secure the best deals and achieve cost savings while maintaining quality standards.
- Contract management: Review and negotiate contracts with suppliers, ensuring favorable terms and conditions for the organization while managing risks.
- Relationship building: Cultivate strong relationships with key suppliers, attend industry events, and stay informed about market trends and innovations.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as production, logistics, and finance, to align procurement activities with overall organizational goals.
- Compliance: Ensure procurement activities adhere to legal and ethical standards, including compliance with relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Data analysis: Utilize data and analytics to identify trends, track performance metrics, and make informed decisions to optimize procurement processes.
- Team management: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior buyers, oversee their work, and support their professional development.
- Experience: Several years of experience in procurement or purchasing roles, with progressive responsibility and demonstrated success in strategic sourcing and supplier management.
- Industry knowledge: Familiarity with the industry and market dynamics related to the organization's products or services is beneficial. Understanding procurement best practices and trends is essential.
- Analytical skills: Ability to analyze data, interpret market trends, and make data-driven decisions. Proficiency in using relevant tools and software for procurement analysis.
- Negotiation skills: Strong negotiation and communication skills to achieve favorable terms with suppliers while maintaining positive relationships.
Closing date: 9 June 2023