Driver Teamlead X5
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
4 months ago
You will not be considered if you have no proven experience in managing a team of employees.
At APS, we directly relate our success to the capabilities and attitudes of leaders on our team. To continue to operate to our high standards, we are looking for supervisors that are able to motivate staff to high productivity and superior standards of work.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at directly supervising of work-teams and connecting with customer needs, whilst being very good at administrative duties. Youll not only direct the workflow of our team members but also interact with customers as the face of our company.
- Monitoring operations and communicating with other members of staff via radio or phone
- Inspecting vehicles to make sure that they are in good working order, including brakes, tires, lights, and oil levels
- Arranging for the repair of damaged vehicles or scheduling replacements for vehicles that cannot be repaired
- Training new drivers on safety procedures and rules, such as how to operate a fleet of vehicles or equipment used to load or unload cargo
- Maintaining accurate records of fuel usage, mileage, repairs made to vehicles, accident reports, and other pertinent information
- Reporting accidents or other problems to management so that they can be addressed appropriately
- Coordinating with dispatch to ensure that all vehicles are on schedule to meet customer demands
- Supervising employees to ensure that they are performing their jobs properly
- Making sure that drivers are adhering to company policies regarding safe driving practices and customer service
Proven experience in Warehousing/Retail/Construction/Logistics will be an advantage
- Must have flexibility to work inside and outside (office setting and field setting)
- Is collaborative
- 5+ years work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred
- Advanced level Microsoft Office expertise required
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience in Transportation
- Majority of the 10-12 hour workday will be outside working with our drivers
Only 2 page CV's will be accepted
Closing Date: 16 June 2023