Manager Engineering Job
namibia dairies (pty)ltd - windhoek, namibia
14 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent will provide leadership and drive strategic technical effectiveness within the Engineering Technical Department, within the Dairy industry. Overseeing upstream and downstream machinery processes including Utilities, Automation, Mechanical, Stores and ND Facilities, with the primary goal of driving an effective preventative maintenance approach and the optimization of mechanical infrastructure; to enable the attainment of production targets.
Additionally, the incumbent will take the lead on all project management initiatives, including machinery servicing, infrastructure upgrades or maintenance, continuous improvement, SHE compliance, and sustainable asset management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 4-year Bachelors Degree of Science in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 -10 years Managerial experience in an FMCG environment with extensive technical exposure on preventative maintenance.
- Registered with the Engineering Council
- Direct experience with both dairy upstream and downstream machinery processes
- Knowledge in SAP system
- 2-3 years of experience as a Technical Project Management lead
- Manage planned and preventative maintenance on all equipment and/or machineries in accordance with SLA, regulations, and best practices.
- Manage civil construction projects, infrastructure upgrade and maintenance support done under ND capital Budget to ensure optimum efficient operations.
- Manage the design and development of mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation systems, as well as electro-mechanical systems and mechatronic devices.
- Assess and analyse operations to identify areas for continuous improvement, and when feasible, propose the adoption of innovative technologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Develop maintenance KPIs in accordance with load capacity, stress limits and operational plans.
- Design automated control systems for environmental application (e.g. waste processing, air quality, water quality systems & cleaning systems)
- Formulate strategies to monitor, assess, and optimize electricity and water consumption, aiming to reduce costs and improve overall efficiency.
- Manage cost centre budget for engineering projects, including the procurement of necessary equipment, materials, and resources.
- Forecast, compile, monitor and control cost centre and project budget to ensure spending is within budget parameters.
- Manage contractors and suppliers relations (customer feedback, availability of information) & leverage on those relations to guide procurement to ensure that all specifications and customer needs are incorporated in the Request for Quotation
- Test prototypes to ensure compliance with safety standards & functionality requirements.
- Produce accurate and timely data and reports aligned with agreed-upon metrics, for informed business decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes, and standards related to mechanical, electrical, boiler, Instrumentation systems and environmental compliance.
- Establish quality control measures, conduct inspections, and implement corrective actions to maintain product quality and safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance and repairs comply with HACCP, ISO and SHE standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coach, influence and guide the team to ensure they meet departmental targets.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Technical / Professional expertise
- Financial Acumen
- System thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Networking skills
- Project Management
Closing date: 6 June 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2778