associate director | assurance
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
5 months ago
- Lead the way in reimagining how Finance functions are delivered by joining one of the fastest growing Business Units in Deloitte
- Focus on Controllership outcomes specialising in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial close process
- Build deep relationships with CFOs, Financial Controllers and other Finance leaders while bringing a Deloitte point of view
- An opportunity to recruit your own team across a broad range skill sets, including Accounting & Reporting Advisory, Accounting Operations Advisory and Post Merger Finance Function integration
- Flexible work arrangements work in a way that suits you best
- Benefit from global mentoring and development opportunities, to make an impact across Africa.
Our diverse and inclusive Assurance Services team is growing rapidly to meet increasing client demand in solving challenges in the Finance function. We need you to help us make an impact that matters.
Are you curious, practical, outcomes driven, love learning, relish a challenge, collaborative, thrive on working on a variety of diverse problems from clients in different industries and sectors and being part of a fun, professional team? If so, read on!
Were looking for someone with some or more of the following attributes:
- Strong leadership experience within a professional services / consulting environment or program / transformation leadership experience within a complex finance function and/or accounting policy function
- A self-starter who brings an entrepreneurial mindset to growing a business within our firm, including the ability to build a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging both internal and external networks
- Passion for driving tangible outcomes for clients, including the digitisation and automation of finance using off-the-shelf cloud solutions
- Strong relationship skills with an ability to establish and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Qualifications in an accounting/finance degree, with a CA qualification or equivalent
- Strong technical financial reporting and accounting skills
- Experienced people leader who wants to work with us in mentoring and developing tomorrows leaders
- Experience in managing complex projects
- An interest in collaborating globally and locally to bring the best thinking to our clients
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Africa opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Were committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation ofendorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, and gender equality, were leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If youve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Shamila Feris at [emailprotected] , wed love to hear from you.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.