Specialist Consultant Abalone Job
o&l centre (pty) ltd - namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the research, development, and implementation of new business innovations, development, and investments to expand and strengthen the companys position in the market. To advise, design and assist with the commercial and operational development, planning and construction of the O& L Abalone farming and ranching operations at O&L Aquaculture in Luderitz, Karas region, Namibia.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A BTech / BSc degree with a major in fish or wildlife management or biology, natural resources management, fish culture, agriculture, biological sciences, environmental sciences, conservation biology, animal science or relevant experience in AbaloneSystem Design, Construction and Management with a strong R&D component.
- 10 years of full-time or equivalent part-time paid professional employment in the field of aquatic biology, aquaculture, mariculture or fisheries management with the emphasis on Abalone farming.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior Management capacity in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in AbaloneSystems Design and a sound background in Abaloneengineering principle.
- A high degree of technical experience within the Marine AbaloneEnvironment.
- Sound understanding of water chemistry in an intensive aquatic culture environment.
- Keen observation skills w.r.t animal behaviour with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license & have own transport.
- Must not be allergic to fishery products and or salt water.
- Must be willing to work in windy, wet, and often harsh environments.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Business Development and Strategic Planning
- Responsible for the research, development, and implementation of new species innovations, development, and investments.
- To design, advise and execute the commercial and operational development, planning, construction and operational requirements of the Abalone hatching, grow-out and ranching operations of O&L Abalone.
- Identifies business improvement opportunities within the organization and propose solutions for new development, improvement or expansion.
- Responsible for the development & design work of changes as well as new farm developments.
- Drives the design & execution process related to the abalone farm expansion.
- Prepare detailed presentations of design work to the MD O&L Abaloneand O&L AbaloneBoard.
- Manage relevant development & expansion projects using best practice project management principles.
Specialist Skills Transfer
- Transfer of all skills pertaining to aquaculture farm design, construction and management to MD:O&L Abaloneand GM:O&L Abalone& related department managers.
- Transfer of all skills pertaining to aquaculture farm procedures to the workforce of O&L Abalone.
- Drives the operational planning of the hatchery in line with harvest requirements as dictated by Sales & Marketing and MD.
- Responsible for execution of hatchery targets by supervising the hatchery manager to effectively reach targets.
- Responsible for skills transfer to the hatchery manager.
- Guides on best aquaculture practices in the grow-out department by advising farm manager and GM of risks & inefficiencies in the grow-out department.
- Advises and provides input into the overall ranching strategy and environmental management plan.
- Oversees and directs new expansion project management by supervising and guiding workers, contractors, and engineers in best AbalonePractice designs.
- Protect the environment and maintain biodiversity by complying with environmental laws.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis pertaining to the area(s) of responsibility.
Financial and Budget Control
- Prepares annual departmental budgets (operational & manpower).
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3182