Unit Manager: Packaging Job
namibia breweries - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manage the production unit in such a manner that through the optimal input of resources (personnel, material & time) the scheduled production orders are met against the lowest possible integral cost within the set NBL standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Packaging/Technical Diploma, with 8 -10 years relevant technical and operational experience in the following:bottle washing, filling,pasteurising, labelling,equipment inspection,quality control etc, of which at least 3 years should be on managerial level
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and TPM standards
Sound knowledge of ISO and HACCP standards (FSSC 22000 will be an advantage)
,as well as product quality standards
- Participate in weekly scheduled production planning meetings to support on-time deliveries through effective production planning
- Develop and implement programs/procedures to improve unit efficiencies
- Manage expenses within budget for all manufacturing accounts in the unit, by regularly monitoring expenditure, raw material use, losses, overtime etc.
- Chair meetings, eg., DCS 2
- Manage the execution of housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and ensure all incidents are investigated and reported
- Participate as required in all facets of ISO and other relevant Business Excellence Programs
- Drive TPM foundations and participate in pillar deployment
Lead, coach and develop the team
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Problem solving skill
- Planning and organising
- Process improvement
- Employee engagement
- Assertive communication
CLOSING DATE: 16 MAY 2023
Namibia Breweries Limited - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. Namibia Breweries Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3138