Cost Controller Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To institute cost control in the hotel through menu costing, beverage costing, consumables, revenue versus cost analysis and appropriate receiving and issuing procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- National Diploma or Degree in Hospitality or Finance
- 3-5 years Hotel Accounting experience.
- Costing accounting experience
- Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint & database) and
- Excellent knowledge of Micros-Fidelio and Materials Control
- Manage procurement and stock management utilizing agreed upon minimum and maximum re-order levels.
- Creation of products/articles/items on Materials Controls, Micros or any other hotel stocks system.
- Ensure up to date food and beverage costing lists, rooms and spa costing are communicated regularly to the relevant departments.
- Ensure monthly stock takes are done in the main stores and in the outlets as per the standard operating procedures.
- Produce accurate monthly and mid-month usage (cost of sales) figures for analysis and financial reporting.
- Ensure that inventory controls are in place to minimize stock losses through wastage, breakages and or pilferage.
- Daily Food and Beverage revenue and stock usage analysis through Materials Control.
- Prepare and analyze hotel costs on a weekly and monthly basis and make appropriate recommendation where necessary.
- Ensures any discrepancies noted on the stock variance reports are addressed with urgency and remedial controls are put in place.
- Produce accurate monthly usage journals for consumables within 3 days after month-end.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3129