Group Aml Officer(Sp8) Group Compliance And Aml
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
5 months ago
Group AML Officer(SP8) Group Compliance and AML
Listing reference: capgh_000167
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 9 May 2023
The Group AML Officer is responsible to assist the Group Head: Legal, Compliance & AML and subsidiary (including non-profit organisations associated with the group) management to establish an effective and efficient AML/CFT/CPF compliance culture and programme in the group in line with national and international legislative frameworks and requirements and leading practice, whilst focusing on supporting the business strategies of the group. The scope of the accountabilities hereunder includes all Capricorn Group subsidiaries and non-profit organisations associated with the group (the group).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure Group AML department level strategic objectives are translated into tactical delivery with key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Prepare first drafts for policy and standard setting and the compilation of the AML CTF CPF framework for the group and facilitate roll out in the group.
- Prepare first drafts of governance reports on initiatives and monitoring.
- Act as AML CFT CPF subject matter expert and manage the AML CFT CPF function within the group.
- Conduct management monitoring (second line) of regulatory compliance to the applicable AML CFT CPF group policies and standards by the group and report thereon.
- Maintain and develop a compliance culture within the group.
- Continuously look for ways to improve and develop systems and methods to ensure operational excellence and manageable risk.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships within the group to ensure support for AML CFT CPF policies, standards and frameworks.
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS:
- Accountable to conduct and perform all duties under any Service Level Agreement concluded within the group.
GROUP-WIDE TECHNOLOGY DELIVERY:
- Prepare first drafts of business cases that has a group effect.
- Participate in and stand-in at all technology driven governance meetings and ceremonies for product strategy, delivery, service life cycle and production operations that has a group effect. Ensuring that projects are executed and aligned group-wide.
- Participate to establish the basis, measurement and tracking of the benefits realization from platform deliverables and ERM systems projects if and when relevant.
- Participate in program backlog refinement, prioritisation and prepare for PI planning as per laid down criteria and standards.
- Communicate to stakeholders and manage competing priorities from cross-functional stakeholders regarding product design.
- Participate in inspect-and-adapt, show-and-tell, scoping and other similar workshops and system demos for program stakeholders.
SYSTEM HEALTH CHECKS:
- Monitor the technology system used for AML CTF CPF compliance for efficiency and health check investigations on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis and report thereon.
- Bring findings / deficiencies found and documented during health checks to the attention of the group heads: AML and your line manager, agree remediation actions and track to conclusion.
- Annually and per such intervals as required update system indexes (such as country risk indexes), FATF listing and similar requirements on the technology system used for AML CTF CPF compliance.
- Scrutinize and challenge subsidiary monthly reports for compliance, follow-up on deviations and initiate corrective steps and track to conclusion.
- Ensure the implementation of compliance diaries/registers as required.
- Review compliance reports for Boards and other governance forums/committees.
- Provide guidance and advice on all AML CTF CPF matters.
- Ensure and monitor that the annual review of the risk assessment is performed.
- Ensure and monitor that the annual review of scenarios is performed.
- Keep abreast of, monitor and report on typologies issued by AML organization both local and international and the applicable regulators (for eg. FATF, Egmont group, Wolfsberg group, FIC, Namfisa etc.) to inform the setting of scenarios.
- Create awareness group-wide for typologies not subject to scenarios.
- Facilitate AML and Compliance framework self-assessment and attestations. (if required)
- Establish and implement a consistent operating framework, policies and standards for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of ML/TF/PF and sanctions for NPOs.
- Assist NPO to file reports to regulators by assessing all incidents for reporting for accuracy of information provided, and quality assurance prior to reporting it to the Financial Intelligence Centre and / or other investigating authorities.
- Conduct Sanction Screening for NPOs and keep abreast of updated UNSC sanction lists.
- Assist, provide guidance and advice to NPO on all AML CTF CPF related matters.
- Initiate AML CTF CPF training group-wide on such topics as required and agreed and in consultation with the applicable learning and development department.
- Update, vet and review the content of AML CTF CPF training for the group.
- Draft articles and provide tools (as agreed) on general AML non-compliance matters for awareness.
- Define general AML training standards.
- Drive completion of training in the group entity to conclusion.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 8 years experience in Anti Money Laundering field, Compliance Legal or audit preferably in a banking environment.
- Of which 3 years in a management capacity.
- A good knowledge and understanding of AML/CFT(i.e. Financial Intelligence Act and Prevention of Organised Crime Act) and related legislation and regulation in all jurisdictions.
- Good understanding of international trends in AML/CFT.
- A general knowledge of financial services and Banking will be an advantage.
- Good computer literacy specifically Microsoft Office products and AML/CFT tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express the logically reasoned ideas.
- Good judgement and discernment in high pressure situations
- Ability to make, and advise on, high risk decisions with regards to AML/CFT situations
- Systemic problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to make/take calculated decisions and to think forward and act accordingly.
- Knowledge of sourcing information (including internet).
- Grade 12
- 4 year Degree with Legal, Risk Management or Audit focus
- Degree/Diploma in Anti Money Laundering or related field will be distinct advantage.
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) would be a distinct advantage.