kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
a month ago
Purpose of Position:
- To supervise and lead a team of Artisans to safely and accurately execute fabrication work, to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company and clients.
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Boilermaking.
- Minimum 6 years on the job experience in a fabrication environment.
- Minimum 3 experience in supervisory capacity.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Planning and Supervision
- Assign, instruct and lead the right people to the right tasks.
- Effective plan, supervise and organise tasks of work teams to achieve objectives timeously on a daily basis.
- Supervise the performance of teams and manage their performance. according to set company standards and procedures.
- Managing of discipline according to company standards and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to team members on a regular basis with regards to technical skills transfer and working together in a team.
- Mobilize and demobilize people, equipment and material on job start up and on job completion.
- Prepare estimates for labour and materials in consultation with Workshop Manager and/or Estimator
- Demonstrate good leadership, people utilization.
- Foster an environment where employees are free to communicate, impacting creativity and innovation.
- Ensure administration such as timesheets or reports are accurately completed and submitted on time to payroll.
- Ensure completion of various jobs within control on time.
- Report any deviation from forecast timeously.
- Report any client related difficulties to Project Manager.
- Continuous and consistent reporting of job status and progress.
- Manage VOs - do not perform work unless prior authorization is received.
- Conduct job feedback meetings to eliminate repeats of sub-standard performance.
- Productivity and Quality
- Manage labour utilization efficiently.
- Short-time management.
- Control timekeeping and attendance.
- Control effective use of materials and tools.
- Complete jobs without non-conformances and on time.
- Execute jobs within budgeted costs and time allocation.
- Determine shift requirements to ensure adequate supervision on projects.
- Ensure correct skills are applied to prevent reworks.
- Personal credibility / Ethics
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/resilience
- Problem solving skills
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3137