Line Haul Operations Manager
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
7 months ago
Were currently seeking an experienced logistics manager to join our client's growing team in Namibia. The ideal candidate will be a highly trained supply-chain expert who has a track record of successful project or program management. Were looking for someone who's an outstanding communicator, exceptional leader, and even better strategist. The person who fills this role will ultimately be responsible for maintaining the companys standard of excellence and delivering projects with the utmost attention to safety and quality.
Objectives of this role
- To adhere to all company policies, procedures, and SHE requirements.
- Analyse all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products and supplies.
- Direct cross-border inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, and quality management.
- Monitor cross-border fleet performance in terms of efficiency and cost, e.g., fuel consumption.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Promotes positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Supervise and manage the work of operation personnel.
- Collaborate with the other departments to integrate logistics with the business systems and processes, such as finance and HR.
- Identify and eliminates risk factors that can influence operation.
- To build client relationships by acting as the interface between the client and operational teams within the company. The goal is to maintain the company's existing relationship with the clients so that they will continue using the company for business.
- Identification of required corrective action needed to improve operational targets and enforcing measures to monitor results.
The following are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Three or more years of experience in logistics for wholesale distribution or retail supply chain.
- Four or more years of experience in project management or a leadership position.
- Strong systems skills, including proficiency with integrated software applications.
- Essential to have extensive experience in loading and unloading break goods on vehicles ranging from 1 ton to interlinks.
- Material handling experience ie. forklift, tie-down, and Hazchem operations.
- Responsible for all HR, IR, and employee management.
Closing Date: 28 April 2023