Cctv Operator Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide a safe environment for all guests and employees by using surveillance systems to observe and deter potential problems along with aiding all operations of the Strand Hotel. Monitor closed circuit video system, observe, and record activities of any suspicious activities, cashier cage, vault, count room, and other areas to identify cheating, stealing, embezzlement or other potential problems. Prepare reports and maintain proper files of all incidents or unusual occurrences. Maintain a high level of security and confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12
- At least 2 years experience as a CCTV Operator.
- Knowledge in operating surveillance equipments.
- Computer Literacy
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Must have a thorough understanding of the equipment they are working with as they will be tasked with deleting or archiving old footage as needed, organize old footage in an orderly fashion, and switching out videotapes, memory cards, hard drives, or servers.
- Must also be able to maintain and repair that same equipment, whether is analogue or digital.
- CCTV Operators will need to correctly catalogue all footage so that it can be easily recalled later.
- CCTV Operators must watch the video surveillance footage as its being recorded.
- Must be unwaveringly focused and observant so that whenever they witness something unusual, suspicious, or questionable they are able to make a detailed note of it.
- When observing something illegal, it is up to the operator to contact the appropriate authorities at the appropriate time, in serious situations.
- Ensure that all the safes are unlocked before the next guest checked in, upon request the CCTV Operators will also assist to open the guest/Hotel Safes when the password/code is being forgotten.
- Responsible to witness the counting of daily revenue under the Surveillance Camera
- Administration duties by doing proper record keeping, keeping lop books, ordering stationery etc.
- Attend to guest enquiries and give feedback within a reasonable time.
- Conduct the Health & Safety Inspection as directed by Security Manager/Supervisor.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Deliver Extraordinary result s
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3118