Africa Personnel Services - divundu, namibia
8 months ago
We are seeking a Receiving Clerk our client in the Retail Industry (Building Supplies).
You will be responsible for unloading stock and checking its contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have an excellent eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have the adequate physical strength to unload shipping and the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
We aim to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
- Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Unload packages from incoming trucks
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price, etc.)
- Contact the supplier or the shipper if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Matric certificate (Grade 12)
- Proven experience as receiving clerkin the same industry (building supplies)
- Experience in operating forklifts (added advantage)
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- A keen eye for detail
- Good physical condition,
- Non Smoker, with sober habits.
The cv/resume shouldn't be longer than two (2) pages.
Closing Date: 05 May 2023