Africa Personnel Services - divundu, namibia
2 months ago
Our client in the Retail Industry (Building Supplies) is seeking to hire an energetic Picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping.
The picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions, and arrange containers on pallets. The picker will check containers for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. You will perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free. You will operate a forklift, maintain equipment and perform basic maintenance, conduct physical inventories, and report quality variances.
To ensure success in this position you will need to perform with a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized, and able to perform under pressure.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat, and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory, and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming the accuracy of orders, and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to the shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing them with stretch wrap, shrink wrap, and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks/ forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Matric certificate (Grade 12)
- Proven experience as Picker in the same industry is a MUST (building supplies)
- Experience in operating forklifts (added advantage)
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Good physical condition,
- Non Smoker, with sober habits
The cv/resume shouldn't be longer than two (2) pages.
Closing Date: 05 May 2023