Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
5 months ago
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Accountant for a temporary position. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage, review and execute month-end management accounts and submit as agreed upon deadlines.
- Compile general ledger reconciliations and ensure al inter-Group accounts are being reconciled and confirmed on a monthly basis.
- Process al taxation activities by ensuring all Import VAT, VAT Withholding Tax on Services and Withholding Tax on interest are submitted and paid timeously.
- Support the procure to pay procedure by creating PO's timeously on the SAP system according to procurement procedure, and that they agree with the purchase order as per the companies assigned.
- Upload payments of creditors to respective online banking platforms and processing the subsequent payments
- Review of creditors reconciliations and process payments of expense claims as they are received on a weekly basis.
- Ensure intercompany confirmations by contacting the corresponding accountant at the OpCo's and confirming balances owed/outstanding via written debtors' confirmation on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile the bank statements on a daily basis and have reconciliations ready for inspection by line manager before final completion of monthly management accounts.
- Monitor cash flow by comparing daily cash against monthly payment needs and planning accordingly.
- Process all bank transactions and capture all banking receipts on a daily basis.
- Monthly reconciliations of fixed assets registers
- Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in FMCG industry
- SAP system experience and knowledge
Closing date: 25 April 2023