Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking a Financial Manager for our client in the Medical Industry to take responsibility for managing all areas of and transactions related to the organizations finance and accounting, and/or to produce all financial reports. The successful candidate will work in our Windhoek office, reporting to the Managing Director, and Board of Directors and forming a part of a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional Finance team.
The tasks to perform (not exhaustive):
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and related AP and AR reconciliations, as well as cash/debtors management reports.
- Preparation of the annual budgets and the on-going monthly budget versus actual comparison, management and feedback and required investigation and approval for any deviances.
- Monitor and assist with accounts receivable and payable activities.
- Manage Company cash flow.
- Implement and monitor payment authority practices and expenditure controls.
- Monitor and review financial data and related system reports for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Oversee Project Cost Reports, in collaboration with the Project Accountant and Project teams.
- Prepare final TB/Management Accounts for input into Annual Financial Statements.
- Management of audit processes and resolving auditors queries.
- Fixed asset control including fixed asset register.
- Manage and review Individual Tax returns and submissions within monthly deadlines.
- Review calculation of and ensure distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns within monthly deadlines.
- Calculate and manage company income tax returns and submissions within specific deadlines.
- Project management of specific financial initiatives from time to time.
- Ensure that company administrative procedures are implemented; including financial control, leave approval, approval of employee timesheets, etc.
- Ensure that all financial documentation is prepared, circulated, approved, transmitted and filed in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures with a good understanding of the IFRS standards.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The expertise to bring:
- Qualification in an Accounting discipline (BCom)
- At least 5 years in a similar role with relevant industry experience
- Proven experience in Financial Management and Accounting in Namibia
- Namibian Citizenship or Permanent Residence
- Knowledge of computerized accounting cost control systems, and their operations and applications.
- Proven experience with online banking software, in order to carry out payment runs
- Proven experience in a large ERP system (Pastel Evolution preferable)
- Experience with Company Law and Tax Legislation
- Solid technical aptitude, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision whilst consistently producing a high-quality deliverables, within budget and schedule constraints.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues across all business units.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Proactively seek and accept guidance and feedback provided by subject matter experts and colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in a team and knowledge-sharing environment.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and a practical approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
- Demonstrate a strict practice of confidentiality, personal responsibility, and discretion.
- High degree of professional ethics.
- An attractive salary package, negotiable and commensurate with the experience and qualifications is offered.
Closing date: 05 May 2023