Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The Head Chef will oversee the daily operation of the kitchen while maintaining quality food products and services for the Guesthouse, Bar Outlets, in-Room Dining outlets & Canteen. The Head Chef will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe, and efficient manner, in accordance with the Guesthouse policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
- Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated F&B objectives of the Guesthouse.
- Maintain sensitivity to local cultural traditions and adhere to religious beliefs in preparation and services of all food on-premises.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of food products to always ensure quality.
- Monitor and check guest satisfaction.
- Implement procedures to minimize wastage and over-production Guesthouse & brand standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene and adherence to all Health and Safety standards.
- Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food items including the condition of food in freezers.
Profit and Loss
- Assist in the daily maintenance of food services and sales to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Assist to work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and maximize levels of departmental profit and minimize waste of the cost of sales.
- Assist with the management of the Kitchen Operation. Activities center on the identification of strengths and weaknesses, and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Assist with sales to guests, in conjunction with F&B Services, through the Restaurant, In-Room Dining Outlets of the Guesthouse, and any actions taken by the incumbent that can impact the volume of business.
- Assist with efforts expended and decisions made, and revenue generated by food sales.
- Assist with controls over the elements that determine profit and loss.
- Assist with managing operating expenses that have the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections.
- Make a decision that relates to profit and loss.
- Assist with the financial management of the operating department.
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner through positive transactions between Kitchen and F&B Service associates, and that Guesthouse standards are being applied.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure all kitchen quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Assist with enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest.
- Able to assist with making changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Recommend changes to the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Direct and train all kitchen associates.
- Assist in new hires and ongoing training.
- Assist in the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Give direction and assist with the implementation of plans.
- Able to assist and exercise hire and fire discretion within Guesthouse policies.
- Operate the department within the Guesthouse policies as they are related to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice, and local laws and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the product and ensuring consistency in delivery and standards.
- Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the kitchen operation.
- Ensure correct food handling & hygiene practices are always executed by kitchen associates.
- Conducting periodic departmental meetings.
- Develop incentive programs for associates.
- Present innovative ideas to the Manager.
Training and Development
- Assist with the training and development of associates with an eye toward maximum associates satisfaction, productivity, and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the selection, training, and development of the associates within the department.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Guesthouse policies.
- High school, diploma in Hotel Management, Bachelors Degree preferred (Certificate in Western Cuisine Cooking, Culinary Arts certificate).
- Minimum (5) five to (7) seven years experience in Kitchen Operations, including at least (2) two years as Head Chef or Executive Sous Chef with supervisory experience in a quality rated Hotel / Resort, required.
- MUST have a valid drivers License.
- MUST be able to start ASAP.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
To apply, you MUST meet the necessary requirements.
Only 2 page CV's will be accepted
Closing Date: 28/04/2023