Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking a Debtors Clerk for our client in the Medical Industry.
Job liaises with (Groups of stakeholders. Information flows in and out):Internal: Training Section, Logistics Section, Call Centre Section, Finance and Administration Section, Mining and Business Development Section, Public, Legal Division. External: Namibian Government, Parastatals and Private companies (NGOs) their owners and managers as well as the local and international community
Purpose of the job:
- Ensure that electronic payments regarding allocated companies are captured and made out timeously and the necessary controls are adhered to.
- Preparation and maintenance of schedules regarding manual and electronic transfers/payments and other internal financial and accounting schedules
- Debtors invoiced and paid external parties fees, intercompany fees, and loans.
- Preparation of monthly cash books, bank reconciliations and journals, and monthly financial statements/management accounts.
- Handling and reconciling petty cash.
- Handling of the procurement function.
- Adherence to general policies and procedures, filing and archiving, and any other matters requested by Management.
- Assisting with Board meetings and ordering required items for Board meetings.
- Submission of PAYE and VAT returns.
Core Knowledge/Skills Required:
Must have a thorough understanding of:
- business models, planning, and budget in emergency medical services.
- Considerable knowledge of management, supervision, and administrative techniques
- Understanding of the current labor law, business ethics, policies, and procedures of in workplace and accounting standards.
The following skills are required for this position at a minimum:
- Must have good communication and managerial skills;
- Must be able to plan, organize, manage, control, and develop personnel;
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure;
- Must have good conflict management skills;
- Good command of the English language;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and Pastel Evolution.
- Degree in accounting or finance or equivalent (NQF level 6)
- 3 Years of relevant experience in the field.
- Diploma in Accounting Sciences, Certificate in Information Technology Systems (Added advantage).
- Code B drivers License (Added advantage).
The cv/resume shouldn't be longer than two (2) pages.
Closing date: 20 April 2023