Head Chef - Mokuti Etosha Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - namibia
a year ago
LOCATION: MOKUTI ETOSHA
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for creating innovative cuisine and providing a satisfying culinary experience for guests. Manage back-of-house operations and staff to ensure the smooth running of kitchen operations per standards and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Culinary Certificate or diploma
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in a 5-star hotel or lodge.
- Manages all kitchen operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customers expectations.
- Develops recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Works with GM and Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the Departments budget.
- Maintains comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Sets standards for all food and equipment purchases per O&L guidelines.
- Ensure that all food is prepared and served according to the required specifications or request.
- Plans sequence and time of cooking operations to meet restaurant serving times.
- Ensures that during service times, there is sufficient monitoring of the pass.
- Upsell of specials of the day and in food retail.
Controls and analyses, on an ongoing basis, the level of the following:
- Issuing of food
- Quality and presentation of food products
- Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Guest satisfaction
- Maintain Company standards and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Review staff performance quarterly and manage performance monthly.
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 27 APRIL 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3022