Accountant/ Bookkeeper Job
wum properties ltdt/a pnp - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To perform financial functions through collecting and recording financial data, reconciling the general ledger (GL) and preparing various analyses thereby assuring that the books accurately reflects the companys financial position .
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A Diploma in Accounting, with at least 4 years relevant Finance experience or Grade 12 Certificate with Accounting as a subject and atleast 7 years relevant finance experience.
- Prepare and submit monthly import and withholding tax returns.
- Manage the fixed asset register, including creating and maintaining of assets.
- Analyse general ledger and fixed asset data.
- Compile monthly journals for month-end closure.
- Prepare and adjust all GL accounts and compile the reconciliation statements thereof. (Credit recons, balance sheet recons, accruals, and provisions)
- Clear and maintain all assigned GL accounts.
- Follow up on all outstanding queries on GL reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly planning and enforce deadlines.
- Perform month-end closing procedures timeously.
- Prepare audit file and assist auditors with audits.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and organising capabilities.
- Good organising skill s.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3099