Temporary Payroll Clerk
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
8 months ago
At APS we are looking for an efficient payroll clerk to be responsible for all tasks involved in processing payroll. The payroll clerk has a range of duties that include collecting time sheets, calculating wages, and ensuring employees receive their pay on time. To be successful as a payroll clerk you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch wage clerk should be highly organised and possess excellent math skills. Responsibilities:
- Collecting and verifying time sheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
- Grade 12 (6 subjects)
- Must be located in Walvis Bay
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
CV should only be two (2) pages Closing date: 21 April 2023