hangana abalone - namibia
2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To collect beach cast kelp to be used as natural abalone feed, to act as a collections driver to collect orders from suppliers, to act as the employee transport driver, to facilitate the removal of refuse from the site and deposit at landfill and to ensure that fleet vehicles are kept clean & maintenance is up to date as per the service & warranty conditions from the supplier.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Grade 12 certificate.
- Two (2) years experience as staff transport driver or similar.
- A valid code C1 License with GP Code.
- English Literate.
- Ensure that kelp is collected in accordance with feeding schedule of the farm.
- Do vehicle inspection and trailer inspection before each trip.
- Ensure that all vehicle & kelp collection tools are present on the vehicle at all times.
- Adhere to MEFT Park Rules at all times.
- Supervise & report on kelp collection team adherence to Park Rules.
- Collect fresh beach cast kelp from designated areas.
- Deliver fresh beach cast kelp to the farm and assist in the offloading and cleaning of kelp.
- Assist other departments such as grow-out & hatchery when needed as per instruction from the General Manager.
- Be on stand-by to transport team after hours.
- Ensure minimum fuel consumption through appropriate driving regulations.
- Conduct Mechanical and Tyre inspection as per pre-trip inspection list.
- Inform Line Management to book the required maintenance in a timely manner.
- Forward the odometer readings to Avis & Omatemba respectively.
- Practice safe driving habits to avoid accidents.
- Report all accidents or injuries on duty immediately.
- Responsible for housekeeping of vehicles and ensure PPE is adhered to.
- Assist ranching team with collections and deliveries of biological assets.
- Assist ranching team with boat launching and farm team with collection of procurement related orders.
- Assist with septic tank and live abalone transport.
- Must be willing to carry out any ad-hoc duties as requested by management and perform duties after hours as deemed necessary by management.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3078