Safety Officer Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
a year ago
Department : Industrial & Workshops
Line Manager : Juliane Margaretha Altmann
Purpose of Position:
To identify hazards, assess risks to health and safety, put appropriate safety controls in place and provide advice about incident/accident prevention in order to meet Company goals in terms of responsibility towards its employees, customers, the environment as well as complying with legislative requirements.
- Grade 12, with SAMTRAC
- 3 years experience in similar position.
- Monitor elements on the safety system and follow up on non-conformance with line management.
- Monitor action plans for improvements and issue monthly reports.
- Implement processes and procedures as per policy.
- Update, revise, improve and expand existing safe working procedures.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to standards and advise supervisors in this regard.
- Raise, record deviations to project responsible person and escalate when necessary.
- Full responsibility of all elements in safety file. (Update, maintain, implement)
- Audit and make sure responsible persons comply with safety system.
- Liaise with external service providers.
- Ensure that all operations conduct risks assessments.
- Identify, record deviations and ensure that corrective actions are taken.
- Conduct full investigations of incidents and accidents and advise on corrective action to be taken.
- Report and communicate incidents and accidents within 48 hours and ensure proper record keeping.
- Verify completeness of incident report and investigations
- Identify and report work when performed in an unsafe area or in unsafe conditions to supervisor and escalate in good judgement.
- Coordinate and drive safety meetings on a monthly basis.
- Keep safety notice board updated at all times.
- Organize, plan and coordinate the internal and external auditing and inspection process
- Schedule audits and inspection plans in cooperation with line management.
- Register findings and consolidate reports accordingly.
- Monitor audit reports and drive corrective actions.
- Develop plans for improvement with line management.
- Monitor training needs as required by the client such as working-at-heights, permits to work, confined space, site specific driving licenses, safety inductions, monitoring medical certificates, basic rigging and slinging, first aid, fork lift licenses, overhead crane licenses, hi-up licenses on periodic basis.
- Ensure training plans are executed in liaison with the HR Department
- Measure and evaluate training outcomes.
- Maintain proper training records on site.
- Follow procedures as per policies.
- Liaise with management / emergency services during emergencies
- Report and follow up on emergencies
- Apply and encourage good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to company/client and legislative Health, Safety and Environmental standards and cultivate a safety culture in your area of responsibility .
Personal credibility / Ethics
Learning ability/continuous learning
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.